A really easy recipe for chicken drumsticks today. This Sticky Sesame Chicken Drumsticks recipe serves a big family of six and is ready in under 60 minutes with just 5 minutes of prep time! Marinate in the fridge overnight and try adding a couple of cloves of garlic, some ginger and grated red chili for a huge flavor boost otherwise this recipe is perfectly fine just how it is. I mention that because I know some of you like your chicken a little spicier. Any way I really like this meal as it is super economical and you can easily double the ingredients so you have left overs which are perfect cold for easy man snacks or to take on a picnic. Baste every 15 minutes while cooking for a great finger licking sticky sauce! Use a baking tray for a crispier chicken or simply replace the baking paper halfway through. Serve with some nice potatoes or with some steamed rice and green vegetables such as beans, peas or broccoli.
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Combine the tomato sauce, soy sauce and honey in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the chicken on the tray and bake in oven, turning once, for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and bake for a further 15 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Place on a serving platter and serve with sweet chilli sauce.