This roasted vegetable ratatouille recipe takes a traditional garden stew and elevates it by caramelizing the vegetables. Tossed with a simple roasted garlic oil, this ratatouille is simple and quick; it can be done in less than one hour. Sometimes when I make it I add mushrooms but the beauty of this recipe is it can easily be adapted to suit your own taste in vegetables.
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into cubes (4 cups)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 5 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Toss the prepared eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, and thyme with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer in a large oven-proof baking dish and roast the vegetables for 25 minutes.
- Once the garlic has browned, remove it and set it aside. Continue cooking the remaining vegetables for an additional 15 minutes or until they have all turned golden brown around the edges. Transfer the vegetables a large bowl.
- Smash the reserved garlic with a fork until it forms a smooth paste and mix it into the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss the roasted ratatouille with the garlic dressing, salt, and pepper. Serve it warm or at room temperature.
- This roasted vegetable ratatouille recipes makes 8 servings.