Gnocchi Gratin Recipe
- Olive oil
- 300g pack of pork meatballs OR 6 – 8 good quality sausages
- 350g jar of Italian Arrabbiata pasta sauce
- 500g fresh potato gnocchi
- 125g pack of Mozzarella cheese / drained
- 1 red onion / diced
- 1 red pepper / diced
- 1/2 aubergine / diced
- Fresh basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Squeeze the meat out of the sausages and roll them into 2 – 3 cm meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the meatballs until lightly browned (sausage meat burn easily, so keep turning them carefully and use medium heat). Leave the meatballs to the side.
- Fry the diced onion in some olive oil until softened, add the vegetables and fry for further 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and stir in the tomato sauce. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi according to the pack instruction and preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Drain the gnocchi and stir into the meatball tomato mixture. Transfer the whole thing into a heatproof dish, and tear the mozzarella cheese into pieces and evenly scatter over the top.
- Grill for 4 – 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted, bubbling and slightly brown.
- Garnish with basil and serve! The dish is best served with some fresh green salad!