Introducing a simple recipe for garlic roasted potatoes. With all the snow and cold weather we have been having lately I thought I would try a new twist on a traditional and much loved vegetable – the potato! These little babies go perfect with just about any meal and are actually on the menu at my next dinner party. Make sure you mince your garlic nice and small and be sure to turn the potatoes every 15 minutes or so.
Some people might think the recipe is a little salty so simply reduce the amount according to your taste. The salt does help to give the potatoes their crispy skin so keep that in mind in case you were thinking of removing the salt all together. For a little extra taste serve with some Parmesan cheese or if you are eating them as a snack in front of the television I suggest some sweet chili sauce for dipping.
This recipe also works well with sweet potatoes and for lovers of fresh herbs add some finely chopped rosemary to the mix when coating your potatoes. Overall all a very delicious and simple recipe and a perfect addition to my easy baked salmon.
Serve with a fresh salad and bon appetit.
- 3 pounds small red or white potatoes
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp.
- Flip twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, toss with parsley, season to taste, and serve hot.