Fragrant Cous Cous With Vegetables
- 2 cups cous cous
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (in sunflower oil), diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ginger powder
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar (optional)
- soy sauce
- 1 tsp. chili-infused oil (optional)
- glug of olive oil
- Put Cous Cous into large bowl and add boiling water. Drizzle a bit of chili-infused oil. Let the Cous Cous absorb moisture and grow.
- In large skillet heat some oil, add onion. Cook on medium-high mixing occasionally, let it caramelize a bit.
- Add balsamic vinegar and soy sauce, mix.
- After some of moisture has evaporated add carrot and sprinkle ginger.
- Add dried tomatoes and some of their oil. Give a good mix.
- Add zucchini and bell pepper, mix again, reduce to low heat.
- Add Cous Cous, spread thoroughly but don’t mix.
- Crush with knife, then chop garlic and add to the mix. Cover and let it simmer for a while. Cous Cous now captures all the aromas, so give it time.
- Sprinkle parsley, check salt and moisture. Add soy sauce, boiling water if needed, and any spice if you feel like it. Mix and leave covered to sweat.
- Sprinkle curry powder, give a nice final mix and serve.