This is an absolutely AWESOME recipe for crock pot beef sandwiches. It’s really really easy, makes enough for multiple meals, your house will smell wonderful all day and your family will thank you for days. What more could you want !?!
I suggest you use a chuck beef roast as opposed to a rump cut as it shreds much easier and will cost you less. Please make sure you use a beef broth instead of water as it really does add a rich beef flavor to the meat. I cook my beef for at least seven or eight hours to ensure it falls apart and when I shred it I always add it back to my cock pot for another thirty minutes to help soak up those delicious beef juices.
To make my crock pot beef sandwiches I prefer toasted hoagie rolls. There are plenty of super tasty bread rolls to chose from these days so try a few varieties or just stick with what you or your family prefer. As far as toppings go I think these sandwiches are great just with melted Swiss cheese but other toppings you may want to consider are sauteed mushrooms or sliced and roasted red bell peppers. Honestly though a delicious tasty cheese is the way to go in my opinion.
If you like rich flavors add approximately a teaspoon of oregano, basil, parsley, garlic powder, onion salt, ground black pepper and some dry Italian scald dressing mix. Certainly not essential but worth mentioning if you like your sandwiches with a stronger taste. Actually if you like those ingredients you will love this classic Italian meatloaf too.
I guarantee these crock pot beef sandwiches will be the best you have ever tasted. Full of flavor and even easier to make than my classic easy caramelized baked chicken and that’s saying something ! While I have your attention I really encourage everyone to eat more vegetables and give my VERY easy creamy roasted broccoli recipe a try. Such an easy recipe, very tasty and so good for you.
- 2 to 3 lbs oven roast beef
- 2 cans beef broth or about four cups
- 2 pkgs Lipton Onion Soup mix
- French hoagie or sub rolls (whatever bread you like to do)
- Swiss cheese slices
- Put beef roast in your crock por. Add beef broth and soup mix.
- Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- Shred roast with a fork, then return the shredded beef to the crock pot for a few more minutes (to absorb more of that juicy goodness).
- Slice open the bread and place a good amount of beef on one side (scoop out some of the bread first if you don’t like it really bread-y).
- Place a slice or two of Swiss cheese over the shredded beef and broil for a minute or so until cheese starts to bubble and brown a little.
- Remove from broiler and serve. Use a ladle to scoop out some of the juice from the crock pot and serve as au jus