- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Clean your chicken and remove giblets and neck.
- Rub spice mixture all over the chicken.
- At this point you can seal it in a bag and let marinate over night. But if you don’t have the time you can skip this. Dice up 1/2 onion and put at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place spiced chicken on top of onions. There is no need to add any liquid. As your chicken slow cooks you will be amazed on how much juice you will end up with.
- Slow cook on low for about 8 hrs. You can use a thermometer to check to see if your chicken is done. It should read 180 deg. Or even simpler, wiggle a leg and if it’s loose, it’s done!
- Serve with your choice of vegetables and mashed potatoes. Enjoy!