Crock pot chicken and dumpling is one meal you can throw together and forget about. Everyone loves chicken and dumplings but sometimes you just don’t have the time to make it from scratch. This crock pot version allows you to enjoy this comfort food stress-free. If you want, you can add a cup of frozen mixed veggies to the soup for additional flavor. Make crock pot chicken and dumpling before you leave for work and supper will be ready by the time you come home.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 2 very large ones)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 4 grands flaky refrigerator biscuits
- Place chicken in the crock pot. Add butter, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, diced onion, and parsley.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10.
- 30 minutes before chicken is finished cooking, cut biscuits into 9 pieces and add to crock pot. Gently stir to coat biscuits. Continue to cook for 30 minutes, then serve!