- 250 grams of wheat flour
- 250 grams of butter
- 250 grams of caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tea spoon of baking powder
- 100 grams of candied orange and lemon zest
- 300 grams of raisins
- 100 grams of almonds
- 150 grams of whole cherries from jam
- 150 ml of rum
How to make Christmas fruit cake
- Put raisins into small bowl and pour over rum.
- Peel and chop almonds, chop candied zest.
- Strain cherries.
- Grind butter with sugar, when the mixture is fluffy add yolks one by one.
- Sift flour and mix with baking powder.
- Half of the flour add to butter, sugar, yolks mixture.
- Strain raisins.
- Mix zest, raisins, cherries, almonds and remaining flour, make sure that flour has covered fruits.
- Mix fruits with dough.
- Whip whites and add to the dough mixing carefully.
- Pour dough into baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven in 140 C degrees for 2 and half hour.
- Long baking in relatively low temperature should make our fruit cake fresh for longer time.
Recipe & Photos Via Author & Licensed Under CC BY-SA 3.0