I have really been enjoying anything red velvet lately and this delicious recipe I found over at Sheena’s blog Culinary Tuesdays is no exception. This recipe is absolutely yummy, pretty easy to make and best of all for us women watching our waistlines it is very skinny. If you like red velvet you are going to love these red velvet cupcakes. Needless to say my children devoured them in a second.
- 1 box Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 6 oz container of Chobani 0% Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 1 block of 8 oz Reduced Fat Cream Cheese (Philly)
- 1/4 cup Chobani 0% Vanilla (2 oz) Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Light Sour Cream
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare muffin/cupcake tins with foil liners (24); set aside
- In a large mixing bowl: beat all the Cake Ingredients on medium speed until all well combined; set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl: beat all the Cheesecake Ingredients on med/low until all well combined
- Add Red Velvet Cake Mix to the all the cupcake liners, approx 1/2 full
- Add an ice cream scoop size of the cheesecake mixture on top of the cake mix
- Swirl with a fork to combine slightly and get a swirled design (look at picture below)
- Bake for 25 minutes until the cheesecake is set.
- Cook and cool until they come to room temp
- then refrigerate in a covered container for minimum of 1 hour.