These very yummy almond butter cookies are always a hit with my family and I am confident they will be with yours as well. I would describe the flavour as lighter than your regular peanut butter cookie but just as delicious. The recipe makes a huge amount of cookies and you should easily get at least 3 dozen good sized cookies without any trouble at all. If you like your cookies a little on the chewy side then simply check on them around the 7 minute mark. If you leave these in for the full 12 minutes then the result will be a more crispy cookie. Either way they smell incredible and taste even better. Diet friendly too!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Beat shortening, almond butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a bowl until smooth. Combine hot water, baking soda, and salt together in another bowl; stir into almond butter mixture until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat until blended. Gradually stir in flour until dough is just blended.
- Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Press and flatten balls with a fork to create a crosshatch pattern.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 8 to 12 minutes.